Monday, December 28, 2009

Pet Peeves: What irks you?


Alrighty, so let's just say that things have been getting to me more than usual because of a lack of patience. Well, a better phrase would be that all of my patience and time for thought has been greedily sucked up by a sponge. Now I'm finding that a lot of things annoy me, a lot more than I previously thought.

For one: baby-talk. I can understand that talking in a soft tone and saying sweet nothings is nice, sweet, and even on occasion cute, but when you sound like a moron, I believe that there's where the line should be drawn. Do people even notice that they're trodding on their own pride? I understand that it's used on babies and small cats etc, but tome it sounds like the grating of fingernails on a chalkboard: not only does it sound atrocious, but it feels that way too!

Hypocrisy is like a disease: it spreads through your body like a virus that slowly takes over your whole system until you're nothing but a living contradiction. Sure,it's something that's almost impossible to erase from yourself, but you could at least try. I'm not a pristine example of a perfect person, but at least I'm trying. If you're going to tell somebody to not do something, or to do something differently, then you might as well make a good example and do it yourself first.

Trust Issues are always a problem, but has anyone ever thought about why they're there? I tell my mom that I have these trust issues, and she laughs, shoves them aside and belittles them down to "she's over-reacting again'. I don't over-react unless it's something extreme: she doesn't want to see the shambles of a childhood gone wrong.

Ordering instead of asking. Sure, it's polite to ask, and it's childish to demand, but has anyone ever stopped to consider how society's gone down the drains? We're taught to demand things,children expect their parents to take care of them until they die, and even then, they expect their inheritance to take care of them after the fact as well. We have become a selfish society that's driven by greed, but then again, we're people and people are driven by wants and needs.

Immaturity in someone much older is something that's sad to see, especially if it's someone close to you. What's even more sad is if that person doesn't realize their own level of immaturity in certain areas and preaches of their own perfection. Ironic, ne?

Whining is annoying to everyone universally. There's no doubt about it. There's only levels of tolerance. I have no tolerance for this at all, and I'm kind of proud of it. Whining gets you nowhere, it just is making something that's already obvious more obvious and just annoys everyone around you. If the people around you cared enough or could do something about it, they would have: so shut up already!

No comments:

Post a Comment