Thursday, December 24, 2009

Of Cooking, Morning Telephone Convos and the Expectation of Things to Come.


So,I've been eating way too much healthy food again,so I decided to indulge in one of my favorite foods: Ramen. This morning I had some Sapporo Beef flavored ramen and a pomegranate for breakfast. Odd combo,fruit and soup for breakfast!

This Christmas Eve, I plan to go to my grandfather's house (the usual) and eat dinner/dessert there with some of the family. Then, as tradition dictates, when my parents and I get home, we'll open up our stockings and then sleep. In the morning we'll open the rest of our presents like good little kids. After that, then comes the cooking craze that only ends at dinner time: yes, we cook all day. That's at least what we do at my house.

So the heater somehow broke over the past few days,and now the house is at 60 degrees Fahrenheit and it feels a lot colder than it really is. Later on today the repair-man's going to come and fix it. Hopefully he'll have a happy holiday too!

Apparently my parents aren't the only crazy people to baby-talk to their cats. My uncle and aunt go"A-woo-woo-woo Bailey fell down!" and then Bailey rolls over. My other uncle slaps his thigh and his cat jumps on his lap and climbs on his shoulders like a vulture. My dad is by far the silliest when it comes to baby-talking cats, in my opinion. He's 6'1" tall and he's a big guy, so it's especially humorous when he makes a fool out of himself in that fashion. He picks up my cat, cradles her like a baby and talks sweet nothings in the form of "You're such a stupid cat, yes you are!" And whenever he cooks food, he always makes a little something for her or teases her with "Do you want some kitty-cheese? Yes, want some kitty-cheese?" I, when I'm not dying with the stupidity I see everywhere, am getting really tired of the baby-talking. Baby-talking in general makes me want to throw small babies across the street into oncoming traffic, scrape the dead thing up off the ground and then throw it like a frisbee.

Updates later on~

No comments:

Post a Comment