Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Topic: Creativity Burst

Hokay, so for the past few months, I've been having a lot of difficulty getting my 'inner muse' to turn on, and I was unable to write or draw or really enjoy any of the hobbies that involved creativity at all. Suddenly, yesterday, I'm unable to sleep yet again, and I get this powerful urge to draw. So I take out my wacom tablet and hop on Corel Painter Essentials 3 and drew. It was like these drawings flew out of my brain but traveled through my spinal column, down my arm and out my fingers! Then, still unable to sleep, I start downloading music, and find that I'm in the mood to write.

So here I am, at five in the morning, no sleep to be found, listening to music while writing poetry and sipping some hot tea. I really should be studying for an Italian final that's this Thursday, but I have the feeling that my A.D.D. will just override and my hands will inch towards the wacom pen and my laptop.

Oh, hello there: how remiss of me. I forgot to introduce myself. And here I am, thinking that you all really care about me and my sleeping problems. My name is Lauren, and I'm a 20 year old college student that's trying to get some kind of goal for her life. I write poetry and short stories, draw, play sports, love to cook and eat food, listen to music, among many other things. I'm an only child and it's not that much fun, really. Enough about me for now, you'll find more out later.

Last night I was working on some poem, and I hear this light snoring noise. I look around because nobody else was around, and nobody in my family snores that loudly that I'd hear them from the first floor. I look around, and find the culprit: my cat. Who would've thought that cats snore too? It's kind of outrageous to even think that animals can't snore, but it's not like you get to see them sleeping all the time,right?

I've also been in the mood to cook recently. I've lost too much weight recently, and I know a lot of people would envy my position, but it's not as good as it sounds. So, I've been eating fatty foods and high-calorie foods while still working out as per usual. So far, my weight's stayed the same. We'll see if my weight continues to go down. If it does, then I'll have to get it checked out, because I've lost almost thirty pounds without trying over a few months. That can't be healthy.

Also, about Christmas. I know a lot of us celebrate Christmas by giving gifts even if we aren't religious, but I was wondering if the traditional home-made gifts are under-appreciated lately. Sure, I don't know what I'd do without my laptop or Ipod, but I really treasure some of the hand-made gifts that I've received over the years. My mom made a hat and gave it to me one year as part of a gift, and it's one of my favorite hats! It's this blue crocheted wonder, and it's incredibly soft. So this year, I thought that I'd crochet my mom a scarf and hat combo. Sounds easy, right? Well, I've done scarves before: so that wasn't a problem. The hat is what I'm finding more difficult. I was thinking that I'd crochet a large square, connect one pair of ends and sew the side and top together. Prolly will look outrageous, but hey, it's my first hat! I was wondering if you guys were making anything for somebody special.

Before I go, here's one of the poems that I wrote this morning at about 3am. Can you tell it's about a relationship? Haha.

Title: Just go

Author: Lauren


I don’t care anymore,

The sun rise gently caresses my closed eyelids,

A new day;

Same old shit.


I can’t forget you,

Why would I want to.

People tell me to move on,

It’s kind of hard to do when you’re

Still here.


Just leave already,

If you have to go,

Just go.


Haven’t you tortured me long enough?


The sun’s rays of light laugh at me

Through the empty tree branches.


When we were together,

We danced under the falling leaves,

Catching a few in open palms.

My hopes and dreams and longings fulfilled

With every look you gave me,

Every touch, every kiss.


But now the branches are empty,

Frost glazes the tips like the

Leftovers of a marshmallow on a stick.

And the leaves that fell are under our feet,

Dancing in the breeze, being ground into dust.


Please,

Make up your mind.

If you want me,

Don’t leave me

All alone in the flurries.


Can’t we dance in the snow?


2 comments:

  1. ...because I've lost almost thirty pounds without trying over a few months.

    Have you been eating right? I never see you eat D:

    And I'll read the poem later. I like being able to absorb it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat all the time, for serials. And if I'm not eating all the time, I'm eating a lot when I do eat.

    ReplyDelete