Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nature, Family, Scrooge, Music and Tea~


Why hello again. I've recently been having a lot of luck with my sleeping schedule,thank god. I've finally been able to sleep at night instead of during the day. PHEW, that took a while.

On another note: yesterday I went for a nature walk in a reservation in New Providence with my aunt, and we ran into this beautiful woodpecker. It was black and white with a little red plumage on the top of the head. I still have to find out which type of woodpecker it is in particular, but I'll find out eventually (I have a large number of bird/nature books that are more than adequate). The trail that we went on was snow and ice covered, and it was obviously cold, especially since we left when the sun was starting to set.

I really had a good time. I used to go for nature walks and hikes all the time, but over the years, my parents (who usually were the ones who took the initiative in taking me), are starting to get older and their health isn't what it used to be. they're in their early fifties and my mom has some heart problems. Usually when I go on ventures outside, I bring back some memento, like a feather, bug shell, or interesting leaf for her if she wasn't there. This time there wasn't any little thing to bring back and I forgot my camera home on my couch, typical, eh?

Yesterday, my aunt was dancing in my car to some of my music, which of course, made me laugh. Florence and the Machine was the artist. I love their music: the lyrics are so unique. You normally wouldn't think of putting that descriptive collection of words together, and their descriptions make very interesting comparisons and symbolism that I haven't seen before (and I am very well read). My favorite song of theirs is called Howl. That song is about a werewolf, or if you want to take a more philosophical view: about the inner beast that we all have locked away. I can't seem to get enough of them, it's kind of amusing.

I'm kind of the scrooge in my family because everyone else gets into the holiday mood a while before Christmas, and here I am,blasting rock music or whatever I'm listening to instead of listening to the Christmas music that my parents have on. I wait until the day before Christmas to get excited: today.

By the way, I tried this new tea today, called Hibiscus tea, also known as Rosen tea. It is very light and aromatic and sweet. In my cup,it was a 'rose' color, so it's aptly named Rosen tea. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

2 comments:

  1. it's christmas eve eve, tomorrow's christmas eve XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::Sigh:: Yes, Christmas eve...I consider 'Christmas' to be a two-day event. XD

    ReplyDelete